Carl, David & Mike
Ride the Pan-Mass Challenge
With every mile, closer to a cure for cancer
The 1998 Boston-New York AIDS Ride
The Beginning of 20 Years of Cycling for Charity
At the Finish: College Friends Ken Potts, Larry Pike, Mike Quincy, David Castle and Carl Howerton, with an event volunteer. Carl and Mike rode the three-day, nearly 300-mile event, and the rest is History.
Secure Credit Card links to support the PMC and let us know you gave:
This Year’s Stuff:
will be added once we’ve ridden
Talk to Us!
Prior Years' Stuff:
David, Mike and Carl at the
PMC’s Nickerson waterstop in 2014
August 4 - 6, 2017
This is the 38th annual PMC and our 18th PMC. In spite of the various obligations that life brings (for instance, we had two kids among us when we started in 2000 and now we have six spread from college back to pre-K), we remain committed to this exceptional cause and we ask for your support. The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is one of America’s finest cancer research and care centers (repeatedly ranked in the top 5 by US News and World Report for cancer care, and well-ranked by Charity Navigator for its efficiency with your contributions), and your gift allows Dana-Farber to do cutting edge work in the field.
This year Mike and David will ride the shorter (only about 160 mile) two-day PMC beginning at Babson College in Wellesley, MA. Carl is expected to rejoin in 2018 after a well-deserved year off.
Prior Years’ rides:
- 2016: Carl started in Stockbridge for a “true” Pan-Mass, and David joined him in Sturbridge for a full “classic” PMC to Provincetown.
- 2015: David rode a 1-day PMC from Sturbridge to Bourne, and Carl volunteered with his family at the Nickerson park waterstop on Day 2.
- 2014: Carl rode from Stockbridge to Sturbridge, then volunteered at the Nickerson waterstop with his family. David and Mike rode the traditional PMC from Sturbridge to Provincetown. The Saturday ride was the coldest and wettest in the history of the PMC.
- 2013: Carl rode a true Pan-Mass from Stockbridge to Provincetown, and David joined him for the traditional PMC from Sturbridge.
- 2012: All three of us rode a very hot traditional PMC from Sturbridge to Provincetown. Carl got an early start from Stockbridge.
- 2011: Carl rode a true Pan-Mass with the Huckleberry group, starting in Stockbridge.
- 2010: David and Mike rode an uneventful PMC. Carl rode with the Huckleberry group from the NY/MA border to the Sturbridge start.
- 2009: Carl and Mike rode a smooth PMC, while David nursed his shattered elbow.
- 2008: Mike joined Carl and David for a successful, two-day Challenge.
- 2007: Carl rode from the NY line. David joined him in Sturbridge for the formal PMC.
- 2006: Transcontinental. Almost $170,000 raised. 3,600 miles over 38 riding days during one of the hottest summers in recorded history.
- 2005: Carl and David rode a bit more than the official PMC route, clocking 215 miles and adding CT to our list of states ridden.
- 2004: in celebration of the historic 25th annual PMC, Carl and David rode from David’s then-hometown of Cincinnati to join the PMC - a total of 1,054 miles over 11 days! (And no, you don’t want to know about the saddle sores).
- 2001, 2000: Carl and David rode the official PMC route, 192 miles from Sturbridge MA to Provincetown MA over two days.
All rights not held by others reserved 2017, David A. Castle, Carl Howerton & Mike Quincy