Carl, David & Mike
Ride the Pan-Massachusetts Challenge
With every mile, closer to a cure for cancer
David, Mike and Carl, at breakfast before the start of this year’s PMC
Secure Credit Card Links to support the PMC and let us know you gave:
This Year’s Stuff:
Talk to Us!
Other Years' Stuff:
This year our team grows by one! Mike Quincy, another of our college clan, is joining us for this year’s ride. Mike and Carl did the 1998 Boston-NY AIDS ride, and inspired David to ride the PMC with Carl. The rest is history.
With the support of our generous donors, over the past eight years we’ve raised over $300,000 for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute’s Jimmy Fund. This year we’ll be riding the scheduled Pan-Massachusetts Challenge, but ask that you’ll honor us with a gift to support cancer research and care.
Dana-Farber has repeatedly been ranked in the top 5 by US News and World Report for cancer care, and is four-star ranked by Charity Navigator for its efficiency with your contributions. In 2007, the PMC was ‘perfect,’ using none of your gifts to cover administrative costs.
Prior Years’ rides:
- 2007: Carl rode from the NY line. David joined him in Sturbridge for the formal PMC.
- 2006: Transcontinental. Almost $170,000 raised. 3,600 miles over 38 riding days during one of the hottest summers in recorded history.
- 2005: we rode a bit more than the official PMC route, clocking 215 miles and adding CT to our list of states ridden.
- 2004: in celebration of the historic 25th annual PMC, we rode from David’s then-hometown of Cincinnati to join the PMC - a total of 1,054 miles over 11 days! (And no, you don’t want to know about the saddle sores)
- 2001, 2000: we rode the official PMC route, 192 miles from Sturbridge MA to Provincetown MA over two days.
2008 page completed 8/16.
All rights not held by others reserved 2008, David A. Castle, Carl Howerton & Mike Quincy